Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maria Tuesday

Tuesday the third day at this institute was fun. In the morning after breakfast we watched a movie called "Constancia's Choices." I thought it had a good moral because I could relate to her because I also work in the fields and go to school. It was kind of corny though but still alright.
We spent a lot more time in our classes today and did a lot of activities as well as our curriculum from our books. I had a lot of fun with the chairs game and doing the pyramid although it hurt my back a little bit because I was one of the bases still a lot of fun.
Later that day we went and did an activity called the "The Bridge of Knowledge." We had to build the biggest bridge with only the resources that we had. My teams was looking good but then when everybody started to go around and look at the different bridges, ours collapsed slowly like if it was melting. Would have done a better job if I had more time.
After the bridge of knowledge we did another activity that was called "The great Egg Drop." We had very little supplies and we had to protect our egg as much as we could because it was going to be dropped from three stories high and the objective was that when the egg dropped that the egg was still intact and not broken.
In these two activities we got into different groups with different people that we hadn't already meet and worked together as a team and had good communication with our team members.
Overall today was a fun day with lots to do. : )





No comments:

Post a Comment